1. I'm trying to get a bag together to put with mine... we're calling it the Daniel's Baby Day bag. I'm putting in some of his favorite (nonperishable) foods and snacks, a spare sippy cup, formula with instructions, diapers, wipes, and a couple changes of clothes. Oh! And Daddy's cell phone number... Call him if anything comes up. I'd rather labor alone than worry that someone is having to take care of a grouchy little man.
2. Need to know lullabyes... Whoever takes care of Daniel on "Baby Day"- the first one is an absolute must know, he'll probably be ok if you only know that one. I'll try to get them recorded somehow so that whoever it is can stick the CD in and not worry about learning our songs... but just in case-
Something Beautiful
(My mom used to sing this, and it really is the only thing that calmes the savage beast!)
Something beautiful
Something good
All my confusion
He understood
All I had to offer him
Was broken at sunstrike
But he made
Something beautiful of my life
All through the night (Most people probably know the melody...)
Hush my child let sleep surround thee
All through the night
Guardian angels God will lend thee
All through the night
Soft the weary hours are creeping
Hill and dale in slumber sleeping
I my loving vigil keeping
All through the night
Jesus loves me (Very slow- to put him to sleep)
Jesus love me, this I know
For the bible tells me so
Little ones to him belong
They are weak, but he is strong
Yes, Jesus loves me
Yes, Jesus loves me
Yes, Jesus loves me
The bible tells me so
Edelweiss (You caught me- I'm already addicting my child to the Sound of Music)
Edelweiss, Edelweiss
Every morning you greet me
Small and white, clean and bright
You look happy to meet me
Blossom of snow may you bloom and grow
Bloom and grow forever
Edelweiss, Edelweiss
Bless my homeland forever
Daddy's song
(Very few people know this- my Dad wrote it and sang it to me... I always wish I had a recording of him with the guitar, even when I'm singing it! Maybe someday)
Hush my baby close your weary eyes
Don't you worry, I'm right here by your side
Close your eyes and dream of a thousand things
Dream of lollipops and popsicles and chocolate galore
A tea party with royalty a white unicorn
A place where you can go and you can be anything
A prince, a princess, a king, or a queen
Just dream, dream and sleep
Monday, October 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment